YOU’LL CRY FOR THIS: VIDALIA ONION PIE
HOME >> TASTEBUZZ
We sampled this dish while in New York City and had to have the recipe. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a light lunch, we have added this fluffy pie to our menus with great success.
Vidalia Onion Pie
2 Pounds of Thin Sliced Vidalia Onions
1 Stick of Butter
3 Eggs Beaten
1 C Sour Cream
¼ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Pepper
¾ C Grated Parmesan Cheese
Dash of Tabasco
1 Pie Shell Unbaked – Store Brought or See SME Tip
- Sauté the onions in butter until translucent and set aside to cool.
- Thoroughly mix the eggs and sour cream in a bowl.
- Combine the cooled onion mixture and the egg and sour cream mixture.
- Season with the salt, pepper and tobacco and mix well.
- Pour into the pie shell and sprinkle the top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes and then at 325 degrees for 20 mins.
- Serve warm or room temperature and enjoy.