HOME >> INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS
2019 Social Media Internship Program
Why You Want this Position
Strategic Meetings & Events is a globally known, award willing strategic planning firm that is shaping the future of meeting planning. What we post is not only viewed, but reposted by industry sites, publications and leaders, making SME one of the most listened to and sought-after voices in the field. Your work will be seen by decision makers and power brokers in this dynamic, fast moving field.
Our team is supportive, collaborative, fun, goofy, happy to teach and interested in learning. You will be given creative freedom; your voice and opinions will be asked for and valued and you will do work that makes a difference. This position is about giving you the opportunity to add valuable skills to your resume while simultaneously being exposed to potential full time employers, including SME.
Why We Want You
We have big goals and are growing fast. We want professionals who believe in elevating the perception and value of what we do and who are passionate about social media and standing out from a crowd. Your job will focus on the social media marketing and promotion of our company.
– Job Title: Social Media Intern (Remote)
– Timeline: January 15 – July 15, 2019 (6 months)
– Compensation: In addition to resume building, this position will put you in front of key decision makers across multiple industries who have hiring influence. You will be given access to educational workshops and materials on our dime and we’ll get you access to resources that will put new skills under your belt. Any and all related expenses will be paid.
– Hours: 10 hours a week with an opportunity to grow if desired.
– Availability: Remote meeting 1x per week and ongoing emails (remote position)
You’re Going to Love it Here if You are Someone Who….
We need someone who thinks big and is comfortable taking on a challenge. We started a movement that is creating powerful change in our industry and have more work to do.
Does this sound like you?
– Preferred study or experience in marketing, communications or public relations
– Experience developing social media content (personal or professional)
– Eagerness to try new things with a willingness to jump in and learn quickly
– Experience with social media scheduling platforms is a plus
– Experience with Canva or Spark and Photoshop is a plus
– Experience with social media advertising is a plus
– An upbeat, positive attitude and mature professionalism
– Superior communication skills
– Strong diligence with adhering to timelines and deadlines
– Fast and efficient response times
– Ability to quickly switch gears and be flexible
– Study or experience in hospitality, event management or event planning is a plus
Who we are
Many plan. Few are experts. Founded in 2001, Strategic Meetings & Events is comprised of a dedicated team of talented event strategists who have collaborated with a diverse group of clients across the globe. By leveraging our expertise and industry insight, our Certified Meeting Professionals provide invaluable program management, site sourcing, and contract negotiation to save you valuable time and budget resources. Our team has spent decades perfecting our craft, earning global recognition and accolades. The SME Team has earned the highest certifications in the meeting, event and tradeshow industry; not because anyone asked us to, but because nothing except excellence meets our standards.
To Reiterate, here’s all the Cool Stuff You’ll Get:
– Experience with a nationally recognized organization
– Exposure to industry experts
– Potential paid opportunity either full or part-time
– Exceptional training and introduction to resources
– Create a plan and see it through; we want you to
How to apply
Submit resume and introduce yourself to Christy@strategic.events by January 11, 2018.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!