Five Ways to Get in Sync with Your Cinco de Mayo Spirit
For planners, getting to participate in the events we host is akin to, ‘always the bridesmaid, never the bride.’ So, let’s take advantage of the upcoming Cinco de Mayo holiday to have a bit of our own fun. Our teams work so hard; let’s take this opportunity to celebrate and appreciate them. No high maintenance attendees allowed!
- Five Fun Facts!
- Create a sheet with each team member’s name and five lines underneath. Let the team populate the sheet with five fun facts/memories about the person. And since the entries are fun it can be done while the person is there or waiting for them when returning to their desk. If you work remotely, have the ideas sent to one person who posts for the entire team.
- Food is Always a Hit!
- Who doesn’t need a reason to snack? Simple, office friendly Cinco de Mayo foods can be made ahead and enjoyed anytime during the day. Want some easy, delicious ideas? Here are a few recipes that we liked but be sure not to miss SME’s recipe for the perfect cupcake celebration- Margarita Cupcakes with tequila frosting!
- Flower Power Contest!
- Sometimes being silly is the best way to beat stress. Investing a few dollars in colored tissue paper and having a ‘create your own Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Flower’ will force the team to exhale, focus on their creative side and get their competitive juices flowing.
- Check out this site for the how to’s.
- Have an Electronics Siesta
- Designate a team wide hour to step away from their computers and accomplish something that doesn’t require a keyboard. Sort through the pile of unread industry magazines, clear off your desk, go through the piles that are next to your filing cabinet. Turn on some happy music and say, ‘adios’ to a long overdue task.
- Kick off the weekend an hour early
- If you can get out of work an hour earlier than usual, make it happen. For many of us that simply means not working late. It’s Friday, the weather is starting to get warm and there is a drink with salt on it waiting for you somewhere!
Tags: Five Ways to Get in Sync with Your Cinco de Mayo Spirit, Cinco de Mayo, Holiday, Holiday Spirit, Strategic Planners, Strategic Events, Cinco de Mayo Spirit