Your Better Ideas: Saving On F&B
- Have pitchers of water instead of bottled water, Many hotels charge $3 or more for bottled water.Caprice Caster, CMP, National Cable Vision Cooperative, Lenaxa, Kan.
- Order continental breakfasts and refreshment breaks a la carte instead of per person.Deborah K. Gaffney, director, conference planning, Tax Executives Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Try to use an outdoor terrace or venue to minimize decor needs. Transforming a ballroom or meeting room can be very expensive and never as attractive or as effective.Rachel Porter, president, The Porter Event, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Replate muffins and fruit from breakfast and offer them as a snack at the midmorning break.Christy Lamagna, CMM, CMP, Strategic Meetings and Events, New York
- Using public facilities — libraries, parks, botanical gardens, museums, etc. — can be very costeffective because you can sometimes use your own caterer and vendors. Plus these types of venues offer a nice twist to the meeting experience.Sandy Biback, CMP, CMM, Imagination +Meeting Planners Inc., Toronto, Ontario
Tags: Your Better Ideas Saving On F&B, Event Planning, Event Planners, Strategic Planners, Strategic Events, Corporate Meetings, Corporate Events, MeetingsNet