BEER BATTERED FRIED AVOCADO
HOME >> TASTEBUZZ
These crunchy yet gooey bites of salty heaven are unforgettable. We ran across these golden brown pieces of yum at an incentive in South Africa and paired them with a local brew. Guests returned talking about the safaris, the scenery, and the beer battered fried avocado bites! We call that a success.
Beer Battered Fried Avocado
3 Ripe Avocados
1.5 Cups of Beer
1 Cup Plain Flour
Vegetable Oil for Frying
Course Sea Salt- To Taste
- Peel avocados and cut into 4 pieces
- In a large bowl mix together beer and flour until it becomes a smooth batter
- Heat the oil to 365˚F / 185˚C in a large pot
- Working in batches, toss the avocado pieces into the batter and then into the hot oil
- Fry, turning once, for about 1 to 2 minutes, until golden
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain
- Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt and serve while still warm.