Role: Social Media Strategist Location: Remote / Home Office Based
Employment Type: Full-time Reports to: President and Chief Marketing Officer
Company: Strategic Meetings & Events Headquarters: New Jersey
About Us: Strategic Meetings & Events produces goal driven, corporate events that integrate a company’s sales and marketing message into every aspect of the program. We create experiences that leave target audiences thinking, feeling and remembering the information that is most important. With a worldwide scope and an infinite amount of talent, creativity and energy, SME is a global corporate event management company that redefines excellence in everything we do.
Job Description: We are looking for an amazing, data-driven Social Media Strategist to own the majority of the marketing funnel for our company. You will be in charge of attracting site traffic and converting that traffic into new leads for the business. This position must manage our social media and email marketing by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers and subscribers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing and email marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Lead digital strategic marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Manage social media accounts and email marketing to grow online presence.
- Execute teaming agreements with marketing and strategic media partnerships.
- Assist in event management requirements and event technology needs.
- Attend industry webinars, seminars, events, and stay up to date with latest digital trends and online marketing tools by subscribing to industry newsletters, forums, groups, and master classes.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills.
- Track record of achievement and career progression.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal capabilities.
- Demonstrated quality writing style and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to thrive in an independent remote environment.
- Ability to travel.
- 1-2 years’ experience directly managing and executing communications, marketing or business-related discipline preferred.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time including evenings and weekends when there is an event.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills with a focus on details.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be willing to think outside of the box, deliver unique ideas and be open to change.
- Must be detailed-oriented; willing to learn new systems and procedures.
- Must be proficient in:
- Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, SharePoint, Skype, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Analytics
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest
- Manage Flitter
- Adobe Spark
Key Responsibilities Detail:
Social Media Management:
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Work with team to establish goals that will determine the campaigns and budget.
- Manage Strategic Planning Movement groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Encourage employee advocacy amongst the team when it comes to sharing and engaging with content online.
- Determine what materials will be needed and what digital channels used in order to achieve marketing campaigns’ goals.
- Use design software to create graphics and videos with the team’s creative input.
- Write copy for social media posts, blogs, and webpages.
- Assist in team collaborations and give insightful input on all creatives.
- Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
Event Management / Event Technology:
- Complete training for new event management systems.
- Learn and implement event technology for each program.
- Create and manage online event content to include registration, websites, and mobile apps, may require travel for on-site management.
- Measure ROI for event technology and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain SharePoint “Sales & Marketing” folder as well as other shared documents to include all content and resources for marketing campaigns.
- Keep track of marketing expenses and maintain yearly budget.
- Use My Hours to submit time towards each task for client records.
- Track growth progress for website traffic, social media following, email lists, and book sales.